Updating your name and gender marker as a transgender person varies from state-to-state. We recommend checking these resources for navigating the process for gender marker and name change in your state:


Getting the letter

In order to complete a letter of support for your name and/or gender marker change, your care team will need to know the following information:

  • The full name you would like to adopt as your legal name (First, Middle and Last)

  • Gender marker you would like to use as your legal gender marker

  • Gender marker currently on your legal documents, such as your passport or driver’s license

  • The date you need the letter completed by